Professional Indemnity Design and Construct

Contractor's Building Plans

Design & Construct Professional Indemnity

Professional Indemnity Design and Construct insurance policies are slightly different to a standard Professional Indemnity (PI) policy.

The products cover professional negligence, this may be bad advice or a mistake made whilst providing your services, it also extends to covers like copyright infringement, usually Professional Indemnity provides cover where the advice is given for a fee. An Architect, an Accountant etc

Professional Indemnity Design and Construct, is slightly different

Generally intended for the Construction and similar sectors it also covers professional negligence where the policyholder also carries out the design and the work itself.

A typical example of this is where the employer (perhaps main contractor) is asking the builder to not only build the project but to provide drawings or to modify existing ones.

Your business insurance

Covered by experience, not by a call centre!

If you design and carry out the manufacture or the build, this type of insurance will provide wide ranging protection.

A contractor? – speak to a contracting insurance specialist.

Thomas Somers

The flooding from storm Desmond on 5 December was pretty devastating. Over half a metre of muddy, chemically contaminated water caused more damage than my worst expectations.
We made an instant decision to continue as normal and concentrate on our customers. We were speedily visited by the loss adjustor who almost instantly agreed with our plans for clearing out the damaged centre and for moving into temporary accommodation. In all of this process Lucy was a massive help, offering practical advice, helping chase the insurers when things got bogged down and being firmly on our side when we didn’t agree with proposals made by the loss adjustor. Her calm and structured approach was a huge morale booster at a difficult time. Without such an efficient service we would not have been able to “continue as normal” and get our centre re-built so quickly.
It is often said that you only know how good your insurance is when you need to make a claim.

How much cover is required?

This all depends on why you need the cover, some contracts may require that you have a minimum amount of cover to work with or for them. Where this is the case we can provide limits to whatever is needed.

As a contractor you may be concerned that you are being involved in contracts where you have a design element and require some peace of mind that you are protected should something go wrong, a policy of this type will cover many eventualities.

Not just insurance for construction.

Its assumed that this cover just provides insurance for the construction industry, there are many areas of business that this covers. Where you are responsible wholly or partially for design of the product, and the manufacture and installation, the sign industry is a typical example, Design & Construct Professional Indemnity is a perfect cover.


By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

For more information on our cookie policy click here