Existing Structure Insurance
Sometimes as a building contractor you may be asked to insure the existing structure of the premises that you are working on.
When insuring the existing structure, you will be covering the building itself. For you to be responsible for the structure is perfectly normal as long as its written into the contract, JCT for example.
As a contractor, purchasing existing structure insurance dovetails with other covers that you may need, including contract works insurance and public and employers liability insurance.
You’re a contractor – speak to a contracting insurance specialist.
Being made responsible for the existing structure?
If you haven’t come across this requirement before you may be wondering why it is you and not your employer that is covering the existing structure. For you to be responsible for the structure is perfectly normal as long as its written into the contract – JCT or otherwise for instance.
This is a cover offered by very few insurers, we can usually add existing structure insurance under a Contract Works insurance policy very competitively with one of our underwriters.
Is this not a cover that we could offer in isolation!
Whilst it is easy to cover a building whilst unoccupied or partially unoccupied, its not exactly the best way for it to be done, the insurer offering terms would almost certainly reduce the perils covered – what this means is instead of giving you storm, flood etc they would provide the most basic of cover being fire, lightning, explosion.
Dovetailed insurance cover.
- Insulation Contractors Insurance
- Concrete Drilling Contractors Insurance
- Ground Maintenance Contractors Insurance
- Stonemasonry Contractors Insurance
- Drive Laying Contractors Insurance
- Double Glazing Installers Insurance
- Flue Liners Insurance
- Solar Panel Servicing Contractors Insurance
- Drain Cleaning Contractor Insurance
- HVAC Contractors Insurance
- Electrical Equipment Installers Insurance
- Drilling Technician Insurance
- Path Laying Contractors Insurance
- Road and Drive Surfacing Contractors Insurance
- Air Conditioning Engineers Insurance