Design & Construct Professional Indemnity
Professional Indemnity Design and Construct insurance policies are slightly different to a standard Professional Indemnity (PI) policy.
The products cover professional negligence, this may be bad advice or a mistake made whilst providing your services, it also extends to covers like copyright infringement, usually Professional Indemnity provides cover where the advice is given for a fee. An Architect, an Accountant etc
Professional Indemnity Design and Construct, is slightly different
Generally intended for the Construction and similar sectors it also covers professional negligence where the policyholder also carries out the design and the work itself.
A typical example of this is where the employer (perhaps main contractor) is asking the builder to not only build the project but to provide drawings or to modify existing ones.
Your business insurance
Covered by experience, not by a call centre!
If you design and carry out the manufacture or the build, this type of insurance will provide wide ranging protection.
A contractor? – speak to a contracting insurance specialist.
How much cover is required?
This all depends on why you need the cover, some contracts may require that you have a minimum amount of cover to work with or for them. Where this is the case we can provide limits to whatever is needed.
As a contractor you may be concerned that you are being involved in contracts where you have a design element and require some peace of mind that you are protected should something go wrong, a policy of this type will cover many eventualities.
Not just insurance for construction.
Its assumed that this cover just provides insurance for the construction industry, there are many areas of business that this covers. Where you are responsible wholly or partially for design of the product, and the manufacture and installation, the sign industry is a typical example, Design & Construct Professional Indemnity is a perfect cover.
- Roughcasting and Rendering Contractors Insurance
- Roofing Contractors Insurance
- Shuttering and Formwork Contractors Insurance
- Fencing Contractors Insurance
- Drilling and Cutting Contractors Insurance
- Lift Installers Insurance
- Groundworkers Insurance
- Fascias Soffit and Guttering Contractors Insurance
- Ductwork Installers Insurance
- Kerb and Paving Contractors Insurance
- Closed Circuit Television Installers Insurance
- Solar Panel Installers Insurance
- Kerbing Contractors Insurance
- Roofing & Cladding Contractors Insurance
- Civil Engineers Insurance